Saturday, October 24, 2009

Flight to South Africa

(Written this morning. Have just safely arrived at the hotel and am off for a swim. Very hot and sunny! :))

After the spectacular flight in last night to Heathrow over central London with ‘God clouds’ lighting up the Thames we got another treat with spectacular electrical storms over Central Africa. I think the guy in the seat in front of me and I were the only two people who saw it as most people were asleep and with the blinds down. The whole sky was lit up at its peak, stunning and a little bit scary. There was also a fantastic blood red sunrise as well. I didn’t get more than a couple of hours sleep though. Too uncomfortable. They just tried to scam me in the chemists by charging me $28 for some mouthwash and insect repellent. Maybe my maths has let me down, but I don’t think it sounds right.

The weather is beautifully warm and sunny and it is lovely to see the swallows again. We’ve now got a 2-hour wait until the next flight up to Blantyre.

No comments: